I am pretty new to running. In high school, I played soccer, basketball, and lacrosse. In those sports running equals punishment. However, I always kind of enjoyed running and getting in shape for soccer. But this year in college, I actually started to legitimately run. My best friend at ND ran in high school so I started tagging along on runs. I ran my first 5K with her over Thanksgiving. Then I decided it would be cool to run a half marathon. So I did.
The Notre Dame Holy Half 2014
Well now it’s summer and it’s hot, and I want to know…
Is it acceptable to run in a sports bra?
Naturally my first step was to Google it. I got pretty mixed results.
- People totally for it:
- Sports bras are more coverage than bathing suits.
- Men can run without shirts on and it’s totally acceptable.
- People not feeling it:
- Sports bras are bras. Would you wear only a sports bra to the supermarket? To school?
- Not ok. Period.
- “It’s ok if you’re ok with it.” -the self-conscious people
- “I would never because I am fat, but when I reach my ideal weight I am definitely going to do it.”
I am probably a mix of categories 2 and 3. I am pretty conservative and I don’t like to draw attention to myself. But I do want to run with only a sports bra on once this summer. Bucketlist Summer 2014!!
Also check out the Nike+ app. It is sweet! It maps your run, gives you your distance, pace, and overall time every mile. I also used it to train for my half marathon using the build in running plans.